ASU vs. Texas A&M: By the numbers

Check out the important numbers from ASU's loss in Houston

Punts for junior punter Matt Haack. ASU's offense couldn't generate much over the course of the game, resulting in Haack being heavily used. After a shaky start, Haack settled down, averaging 42 yards per kick for the game.

All-purpose yards for Aggies freshman wide receiver Christian Kirk. The Scottsdale native torched the Sun Devils for two big touchdowns in the game, including the back-breaking score late in the fourth quarter.

Times redshirt senior quarterback Mike Bercovici was sacked by Texas A&M's defense. Sophomore defensive end Myles Garrett wreaked havoc on ASU all night, exploding by redshirt junior Evan Goodman all game long and ruining any offensive moment that was gained by ASU.

Tackles for sophomore linebacker Christian Sam, doubling his previous career high. Sam led a swarming defensive group that held Texas A&M in check for a grand majority of the game.

Offensive touches for redshirt junior De'Chavon "Gump" Hayes. Hayes was heavily involved from the start, accumulating a lot of plays his way, but for only 19 yards.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow @Tonis_The_Tiger on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter.

×