ASU hockey releases new jerseys

The new redesign sports many new features, like the piping near the waistline and a pitchfork pattern in the numbers on the back.

Oceanside Inside
The players lounge at Oceanside Ice Arena, home for Sun Devil hockey as pictured Friday Aug. 28, 2015. Oceanside Ice Arena recently underwent renovations featuring Arizona State branding.

Sun Devil hockey released its new home and away jerseys via Twitter on Thursday night. While the team's own account released the home whites, 3TV's Brad Denny gave a first look of the black road jerseys.

The home whites are made by CCM, Adidas' hockey company, and feature a large pitchfork on the chest and "ASU" written on the shoulders.They also feature three stripes of piping along the waistline: maroon, gold and maroon. 

In addition to the jersey, the socks are white and also feature the three-striped look. 

Team captains Jordan Young, Liam Norris and Garrett Peterson will wear jerseys with a gold "C" inside of a maroon logo of the state of Arizona, which is outlined in gold. 

Instead of last year's black pants, the new ones are maroon with a gold and white stripe on the sides, and the gloves are also maroon. 

The team also switched up its helmets, opting for the maroon instead of the gold of last year. 

The away jerseys sport many of the same features, but are primarily black with a gold collar. Also, the colors of the state vector are flipped—the captain's "C" is maroon and the state is filled in with gold. 

The numbers on the back of the jerseys are maroon with an interesting pitchfork pattern inside of them. 

According to Denny, Sun Devil hockey's new equipment manager Joey Guimet played a big role in the redesign. 

ASU will don the new home uniforms for the first time when it faces off against Arizona on Saturday at Gila River Arena. 

Reach the reporter at Justin.Toscano@asu.edu or follow @justintoscano3 on Twitter 

Like State Press Sports on Facebook or follow @statepresssport on Twitter

×