Tempe Police: Men found smoking meth in local motel parking lot

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Wednesday:

A Phoenix man was arrested Oct. 24 on the 500 block of West Broadway Road on suspicion of dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

People said they saw the men smoking illegal drugs in the car in a Motel 6 parking lot and called police, according to the report.

Police arrived and saw the men smoking meth out of a long, glass pipe, which one of the men tried to hide within one of the car's crevices, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked, according to the report.

A Casa Grande woman was arrested Oct. 24 in the 1200 block of West Grove Parkway on suspicion of marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and third-degree trespassing, according to a police report.

Police were first called to the scene after witnesses saw three suspects jump a fence into a community pool area, police reported. None of the people seen hopping the fence could show a key to the pool area and gave false information about which apartment they lived in, according to the report.

Officers heard glass hit the ground and came across a glass pipe containing marijuana, and they also found marijuana in one of the people's backpacks, police reported.

Police transported the woman to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Tempe Police: Marijuana pipe found in man's boots

Tempe Police: Man tries to buy Starbucks with stolen credit cards

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or follow @SuerthJessica on Twitter.

×