ASU swim and dive wins three finals events at Art Adamson Invitational

Barkley Perry swam an Olympic qualifying time in College Station

Kallyn Barkey swims the 200 individual medley at the ASU women's swimming meet on Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015, at the Mona Plummer Aquatic Complex in Tempe, Ariz. The Sun Devils lost the meet to the Washington State Cougars, 115-90.

The ASU Swim and Dive squad traveled to College Station, Texas for the Art Adamson Invitational hosted by Texas A&M this weekend and earned first place in three events competing against teams from around the country.

On the last day of the event, ASU's Jennifer Morgan achieved a qualifying time of 2:18.87, earning her a ninth place finish out of 48 swimmers in the 200 meter backstroke.

In the 200 backstroke, ASU junior Barkley Perry swam an Olympic qualifying time of 2:02.52, earning him a second place finish in the event.

The women's side performed well in the 100 meter freestyle, with three swimmers placing in the top 20. Kat Simonovic placed eighth with a qualifying time of 56.93 seconds. Alysha Bush and Marina Spadoni earned 16th and 19th place respectively.

In the men's 100 meter freestyle, Tadas Duskinas placed second with a qualifying time of 50.97. His performance was just off the Olympic qualifying benchmark of 50.69.

In the men's 200 meter breaststroke, ASU had three swimmers place in the top 10. Christian Loren placed third, Juanjo Garcia placed seventh and Danny Comforti placed ninth.

ASU sophomore Patrick Park was the top performer of the Sun Devils who swam Saturday, earning a first place finish in the 200 yard butterfly with a time of 2:02.25. He was just off the Olympic qualifying time of 2:01.99.

ASU did not have a diver place in the platform dives which capped off the first 40 events. ASU was in sixth place out of eight competing colleges.

ASU's Anna Olasz participated in a 1500 meter freestyle time trial, successfully making it under the mark of 17 minutes with a time of 16:59.36. She also placed seventh out of thirty-four swimmers in the 1650 freestyle.

Christian Loren places third in the 200 yard breaststroke with a B-cut time of 1:57.84. Juanjo Garcia earned eighth place.

In the final men's 400 yard freestyle relay ASU with their A-team winning by 1.49 seconds.

The Women's 400 relay A-team came in seventh place in their event.

The Sun Devils will look to build upon their momentum when they take on NAU at the Mona Plummer Aquatic Center on Jan. 5.

Reach the reporter at Graham.Paul@asu.edu or follow @GrahamASUpress on Twitter.

×