ASU vs. Washington State: By the numbers

How did the Sun Devils fall in Pullman? We break down some of the key numbers from Saturday's loss.

Football Oregon Mike Bercovici scramble
ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici weaves through Oregon defenders during the second half of a game on Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Ariz. The Ducks beat the Sun Devils 61-55 in the third overtime period.

ASU football had a fourth quarter lead for the third straight time Saturday, but the Sun Devils fell 38-24 in Pullman and suffered their longest losing streak since dropping four straight in 2012–head coach Todd Graham's first season in Tempe. 

We broke down some of the key statistics from the loss to Washington State.

Passing yards for Washington State redshirt sophomore quarterback Luke Falk, nearly half of his game total. The Cougars outscored ASU 21-3 in the quarter, leading to their win.

Tackles for loss allowed by the Sun Devils, including three sacks. The Cougars were able to generate penetration all game, resulting in negative plays for ASU.

Points for ASU on its final drive of the first quarter when it took over on Washington State's 22-yard line. The Sun Devils turned the ball over on downs instead of attempting a field goal, giving the Cougars momentum, which they turned into a field goal.

Down on which Washington State scored its first touchdown of the game, helping to swing momentum to the home team before halftime. While not the deciding factor in the game, the extra play certainly helped the Cougars.

Consecutive losses for ASU. This is the longest losing streak for the Sun Devils since they lost four straight in 2012, Todd Graham's first season.

Instant recap: Washington State 38, ASU 24

ASU football seeks bounce back in Pullman versus Washington State

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow @Tonis_The_Tiger on Twitter.

×