Charli Turner Thorne achieves her 400th career win

The longtime head coach of ASU women's basketball reached a major milestone on Monday.

ASU women’s basketball head coach Charli Turner Thorne argues a call vs. Cal women’s basketball at Wells Fargo Arena on Feb. 8, 2015.

After a 60-29 road victory over the Hartford Hawks (4-6), ASU women's basketball head coach Charli Turner Thorne notched her 400th career win on Monday.

"(The team) had cards and roses... they were really cute," she said. "It's not me, you know, it's all of them. A lot of those kids were here for the 300th win."

In the midst of her 19th season as the Sun Devils' head coach, Turner Thorne boasts a record of 360-216 (.625 winning percentage) during her time in Tempe. 

The remaining 40 career wins were achieved over her three years at Northern Arizona from 1993 to 1996, where Turner Thorne's record was an even 40-40.

At ASU, Turner Thorne has led the Sun Devils to the NCAA tournament 10 times, making it as far as the Elite Eight in 2009.

ASU is now 6-3 on the season after nearly breaking the Pac-12 record for fewest points allowed in a game (23). The No. 21 Sun Devils return home next weekend for games against Marquette and No. 11 Florida State – the team that eliminated ASU from the postseason last year.

Tip for ASU vs. Marquette is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 19 at 3 p.m., and the Sun Devils and Seminoles will square off on Monday, Dec. 21st at 3 p.m. on ESPNU.

Reach the reporter at rclarke6@asu.edu or follow @RClarkeASU on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter.

×