Dirt on the Spikes: The nitty gritty of ASU baseball

Justin Toscano and Haley Stesiak take you through outfield and pitching updates, and offer explanations on ASU's lowly national profile.

Freshman pitcher Andrew Shaps takes his turn on the mound for the Sun Devils Tuesday afternoon as the Arizona State Sun Devils faced off with Arzona Diamondbacks in a pre-season exhibition game Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick Resort in North Scottsdale, Arizona. The Diamondbacks would go on to win against Arizona State 4-0. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press)

This season, The State Press will be going beyond regular practice updates and game stories to give readers an inside look into what we see and hear with ASU baseball.

The Sun Devils are coming into 2016 with their lowest national profile since 2013 and ranked eighth in the Pac-12.

The loss of some major players in outfield and some weekend starters in the pitching lineup makes this year’s squad a young one.

How do you go from where the Sun Devils were at the beginning of last season to where they are at the beginning of this season?

How will the team adjust to a young outfield?

Tune in to find out what the team has told us, and check back on Valentine’s Day for our post-media day coverage.

×