Dirt on the Spikes: Final preseason thoughts

Your last look into ASU baseball preseason before Opening Night against Xavier Friday at Phoenix Muni.

Junior outfielder Daniel Williams (31) returns the ball to the infield after catching a pop-fly during the Maroon and Gold scrimmage on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016, in the Phoenix Municipal Stadium.

The last two weeks of preseason practices for ASU baseball have been full of speculation over starting positions.

This week on Dirt on the Spikes we will wrap up that speculation with final thoughts on practices, Media Day and last Saturday's open house intersquad scrimmage.

We've gotten some insight from head coach Tracy Smith on leadership, preseason rankings and position expectations and add what we have observed coming into the final few days before the Sun Devils finally get some dirt on their spikes on Opening Night.

Stay up to date with State Press throughout the week for game coverage and tune in next week for an opening series summary.

Consistency key for ASU baseball's infield

Replacing aces: ASU baseball pitching positional preview

Reach the reporters at haley.stesiak@asu.edu or follow @haley_stesiak on Twitter and at Justin.Toscano@asu.edu or on Twitter @justintoscano3.

×