Tempe Police: Man steals $15 worth of candy from Circle K

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 37-year-old Tempe man was arrested Feb. 5 on the 15 block of West Southern Avenue on suspicion of shoplifting and possessing drugs, according to a police report.

At approximately 1:15 p.m., the man left a Circle K location after taking five bags of candy from the store without paying, police reported.

The candy totaled to a value of $15.95, according to the report.

Upon search, officers found two glass pipes with a burnt residue inside as well as a container of Spice, police reported.

A records check also revealed that the man had an existing warrant in Maricopa County, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Feb. 7 on the 970 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the man after an apartment complex’s security guard observed the man strike a glass bottle onto another man’s head, police reported.

The security officer witnessed the injury while investigating a noise complaint, according to the report.

The man who was attacked left the scene with several cuts on his forehead, each ranging around three inches long each, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Men walk across light rail bridge while intoxicated

Tempe Police: Man begins string of Circle K robberies, leads police on multi-month chase

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×