There is a new fan re-entry policy for this year's ASU football games

Make sure to review stadium policies before heading out to Sun Devil Stadium this season

ffield.jpg

The ASU marching band welcomes the football team to the field before a game against New Mexico on Friday, Sept. 18, 2015 at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona.

It's almost time for kick-off at the new and transformed Sun Devil Stadium, but before fans even set foot in the 65,870 capacity arena this season, there are some policies that should be reviewed.

ASU announced earlier this week that fans will no longer be allowed to exit and re-enter Sun Devil Stadium during games.

This policy is similar to that of professional sports teams throughout Arizona. ASU senior vice president of Athletics Ray Anderson released a statement on the matter on Wednesday.

"Throughout the reinvention of Sun Devil Stadium, we have continued to enhance gameday security measures in order to bolster the safety of our fans," Anderson's statement said. "The 2018 season will feature several enhancements including no re-entry into Sun Devil Stadium once a ticket has been scanned, a policy commonly enforced throughout the collegiate and professional sports and entertainment landscape across the country. The safety of our fans continues to be Sun Devil Athletics' number one priority and this further emphasizes that precedence."

In addition to this regulation for fans, the clear bag policy will also remain in effect. This policy is the same one from last season. The policy was first introduced in 2016 to enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient, according to the policy website.

The clear bag can not exceed 12-by-6-by-12-inches.

A clutch bag the size of one's palm, one-gallon plastic bag and seat cushions 18 inches or less in width are items approved while entering the stadium.

Items such as purses, tote bags, backpacks and diaper bags are not allowed and must be returned to the owner's car or discarded.

By enforcing this policy, guests can speed up the process through security checkpoints and enjoy the game safely.   

So before all of the madness of college football begins, make sure to get up to date with all that is going on at Sun Devil Stadium. 

Reach the reporter at Edith.Noriega@asu.edu or follow @Noriega_Edith on Twitter. 

×