ASU volleyball sweeps Oregon State

The Sun Devils claim their second Pac-12 victory of the season against Oregon State

ASU volleyball took down Oregon State in three straight sets on Friday, putting the Sun Devils at 2-1 in Pac-12 play.

This is the second Pac-12 win for ASU volleyball following its defeat of Cal last weekend, which ended the team's 21-game losing streak in conference play.

The Sun Devils began the match with back-to-back aces from sophomore middle blocker Megan Beedie. Beedie had four aces in the game, tying a career-high.  

ASU proceeded to take the first set 25-22, after a final kill from junior outside hitter Ivana Jeremic

Jeremic ended the match with 11 kills and 14 digs, making the match her eighth double-double of the season. She had a .267 hitting percentage. 

Junior setter Nicole Peterson also came out of the match with a double-double due to her 23 assists and 15 digs. 

In set two, ASU successfully blocked OSU five times, four of which came from senior middle blocker Carmen Unzue. Unzue had a six blocks in the match.

ASU won the second set 25-16 and entered set three with high energy. The Sun Devils took an early 15-7 lead, but the Beavers didn't give up that easy.

OSU caught up to the Sun Devils until the set was at 22-19.  ASU took the next three points, resulting in a 25-19 final.

The Sun Devils will be traveling to Eugene to take on No. 12 Oregon on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 1:00pm. 

Reach the reporter at skbrisen@asu.edu or follow @sophiabriseno on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.  

Get the best of State Press delivered straight to your inbox.