This statement exudes lunacy: "In order for a player to be considered one of the greatest of all time, he must win a championship."

Some idiots questioned the careers athletes like Charles Barkley and Dan Marino - two of the greatest of all time to play their respective sports - because they don't own rings.

Some idiots actually wouldn't give Hall of Famers like John Elway and Ray Bourque their due credit until they won championships at the tail end of their careers - even if those guys still wouldn't have rings if it weren't for Terrell Davis and Peter Forsberg.

An example for the modern day - the same idiots actually have the audacity to question the greatness of Peyton Manning because he hasn't won a title yet. Ridiculous.

Even if the Chicago Bears are victorious in the Super Bowl Sunday, Manning should still be considered possibly the greatest quarterback to ever take a snap. He'll likely end his career as the NFL's all-time leading passer.

After all, who would you rather have quarterbacking your team? Manning or Rex Grossman?

Thought so.

×