After 11 semesters at The State Press, including five years as an undergrad student and the last year in grad school, it's finally time to move on.

On our newsroom television, I've watched live Sept. 11 coverage as a freshman, multiple Super Bowls, the 2004 presidential election, Hurricane Katrina coverage and now, Virginia Tech coverage. Shows how much time I've spent in this place.

No matter how far I go in journalism, this will always be my favorite job. Even as I am going on two years employed by my first professional paper, it's been hard to leave this place.

There have been close to 700 bylines, awards won, new kids groomed and many friends made. Thanks to Sara Thorson for hiring me as a freshman reporter and as sports editor my junior year. And thanks to Matt Waggoner for making this last semester probably the most fun.

And after dozens and dozens of athletes interviewed, just wanted to wish my two favorites the best. Ashley Kelly, go win gold in Beijing. Andrew Walter, you'll be a star in the NFL soon enough.

×