Tempe police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested during a vehicle stop on the 500 block of North May on suspicion of possession of marijuana and misconduct with weapons, according to a police report. A search of his vehicle revealed two concealed handguns and a marijuana joint under the front passenger seat, the report stated. The man was originally contacted for failing to stop while exiting a private drive, police said. The man admitted to the possession of the firearms and said that the marijuana joint had been "passed around," according to the report. A records check revealed the man had an outstanding Yuma County warrant, police said. The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and booked, according to the report.
  • A 21-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday at the intersection of Apache Boulevard and McClintock Drive on suspicion of possession of marijuana, according to a police report. The man was originally contacted by police for riding his bicycle against a red signal, police said. An investigation revealed that the man was in possession of a usable amount of marijuana in the right front pocket of his pants, police said. The man also had a warrant for theft, which was issued in January 2008, the report said.
  • An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on the 700 block of West University Drive suspicion of burglary and unlawful entry, possession of burglary tools and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. He was arrested at his home after an investigation revealed that he had committed burglary on the 300 block of South Farmer Avenue in Tempe, police said. The man admitted to the crime and was identified by a witness, the report said. A search revealed that he was in possession of burglary tools and drug paraphernalia, and he was transported to Tempe City Jail and held, police said.
  • An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on the 2000 block of South Granada Drive on suspicion of two counts of aggravated assault and one count of assault, according to a police report. On June 4, the man, along with two others, punched and kicked a male victim multiple times, police said. The victim suffered two fractured orbital bones, sustained large amounts of bruising and lost consciousness, according to the report. The man fled the scene and was not located at that time. On June 11, the man and three other suspects punched and kicked a 15-year-old male numerous times, police said. He fled again but was identified in photographic lineups as one of the suspects, according to the report. He was contacted on Thursday and placed under arrest, transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 32-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Wednesday on the 1700 block of East Apache Boulevard for a valid Maricopa County Sheriff's Office warrant for suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report. The woman had called police to report a theft and the officers learned that she had an outstanding warrant, according to the report. She was booked into Tempe City Jail, police said.
  • A 23-year-old transient man was arrested Wednesday just south of the intersection of Price Road and Malibu Drive on suspicion of burglary in the second degree and possession of marijuana, according to a police report. An investigation revealed that he and another man had committed burglary at a home on the 2100 block of East Ellis, the report said. A witness observed one of the men entering the home, and the transient man admitted to jumping into the yard to find items to sell and keep, police said. He was arrested and booked into Tempe City Jail after a search revealed he had a usable quantity of marijuana in his right front coin pocket, the report said.

Tempe police reported the following incident Wednesday:

• A 52-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on 15 West Southern Ave. on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of marijuana, according to a police report. The man was involved in a non-injury vehicle collision and an investigation revealed he had a distinct odor of alcohol emanating from his breath, slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, difficulty keeping balance and about a one foot sway back and forth when standing still, the report said. The search revealed a green, leafy substance police believed was marijuana in the right rear pocket of his pants and his backpack, which was in the vehicle, the report said. A green pipe used to smoke marijuana was also found in the front pocket of his pants, police said. He was booked and then released pending the DUI charges, police said.

Reports compiled by Leigh Munsil. Reach the reporter at: leigh.munsil@asu.edu.

×