Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 43-year-old Avondale man was arrested Wednesday evening on suspicion of forgery, according to a police report.

The man reportedly entered the Wal-Mart at 1380 W. Elliot Rd., took a Dell computer worth $498 and walked out of the store with it, police said.

When a loss prevention worker at the store asked to see a receipt, the man presented him with a forged receipt, police said. The date, printing, computer information, some store information and the way the receipt was cut were "all wrong," according to the report.

The man admitted that he bought the receipt for $20 from "a guy named Tony," the report said. The man, who also had three warrants for assault, shoplifting and false reporting, was booked into Tempe City Jail, police said.

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of theft of means of transportation, according to a police report.

The man was stopped while driving a stolen vehicle worth $12,000 at the intersection of McClintock Drive and Broadway Road, police reported.

He admitted to having the vehicle for a month and said he did not know the vehicle's owner, but received the vehicle from a friend, the report said. The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and the vehicle was returned to the owner undamaged, police said.

• A 21-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of having outstanding felony warrants, according to a police report.

The woman was stopped at the intersection of Priest and Ruby drives for operating a motorcycle without eye protection, the report said. A records check revealed the woman had warrants for possession of narcotic drugs, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, police said. She was booked and held to see a judge, police said.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday early morning on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a police report.

The man and his roommate reportedly were involved in a physical altercation in which they each used a pocketknife to cut each other, according to the report. The man sustained a minor laceration to his chin and his roommate received a laceration on his arm, police said.

The roommate was transported to the hospital, police said, but the 20-year-old man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 28-year-old man was arrested Wednesday early morning on suspicion of aggravated assault as well as having warrants for possession of marijuana, according to a police report.

Officers said the man "intentionally struck his roommate in the bottom lip with a closed right hand after a verbal argument in the bedroom portion of their residence." Police withheld the location of the Tempe residence.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and processed, according to the report.

• A 27-year-old Tempe woman was arrested on June 29 on suspicion of possession of narcotics, possession of drug paraphernalia and probation violation, according to a police report.

The woman was arrested at the Circle K at 2196 E. Apache Blvd. after a caller reported to police that she was acting suspiciously, police said.

Upon contact, the woman gave consent for police to search her purse, and they found a usable amount of heroin, according to the report.

Police also found a hollowed-out pen used as a "pusher" for a "crack pipe," which was found in her purse, according to the report. The woman's probation officer asked that she be booked and held, police said, and she was booked into jail.

Reports compiled by Leigh Munsil. Reach the reporter at: leigh.munsil@asu.edu.

×