Police Beat

Tempe police reported the following incident Thursday:

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of reporting false information to police and burglary at the 800 block of South Hacienda Drive, police reported.

The man gave false information to police after breaking into two vehicles and removing two fishing poles and some cigarettes, police reported.

The man was arrested, transported and booked into Tempe City Jail.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 33-year-old Goodyear man was arrested Wednesday evening on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia on the 2300 block of West Baseline Road, police reported.

The suspect was pulled over for expired registration on his vehicle and no license plate light when police found a plastic baggie of methamphetamine during a consent search of the vehicle, according to the report.

The man was arrested, transported and booked into Tempe City jail.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 48-year-old Tucson man was arrested Tuesday evening on suspicion of aggravated DUI and possession of an open container of alcohol on the corner of Dava Drive and Juniper Street, police reported.

The suspect was found in his vehicle after an ex-girlfriend told police that he was inside the vehicle while it was running and had been following her, police reported.

The man was found in his truck with an open container of beer on the passenger floor and was arrested for DUI, police reported.

The man was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of assault and probation violation on the 1900 block of South Priest Drive, police reported.

The suspect attempted to punch a victim, but missed and grabbed her by her hair, pulling her to the ground, police reported.

The suspect then fled the area but was later arrested, transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 27-year-old Arizona man was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of forgery and theft at the 100 block of East 5th Street, police reported.

The suspect took checks and credit car checks from his mother and deposited them into his own bank account on two separate occasions totaling more than $2,500, police reported.

The man was arrested and booked, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incident Monday:

• A 53-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Monday afternoon on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on the 2300 block of West Carson Drive, police reported.

The suspect came within a foot of a victim with a pointed knife and said that she was going to “cut him,” police reported.

The woman was arrested, transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incident Saturday, July 19:

• A 23-year-old South Dakota man was arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of resisting arrest, trespassing in the second degree and assault on the 400 block of South Mill Ave., according to a police report.

The suspect was repeatedly asked to leave Margarita Rocks by security before security was forced to physically remove the 6-foot 4-inch man, police reported.

The man resisted and assaulted the security officer by grabbing his shirt and attempting to throw him to the ground, police reported.

The man was arrested, transported and booked by three officers into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incident Friday, July 18:

• A 32-year-old Tempe man was arrested Friday evening on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs on the corner of 48th Street and Southern Avenue, police reported.

The suspect was pulled over for expired tags, when it was found his driver’s license was suspended, police reported.

In a search of the car police found a usable quantity of methamphetamine underneath some pizza boxes, according to the police report.

The man was arrested, booked, cited and released, police reported.

Reports compiled by Deanna Dent. Reach the reporter at: deanna.dent@asu.edu.

×