Police Beat

ASU police reported the following incidents Saturday:

• A 22-year-old male ASU student was contacted by Child Protective Services Saturday morning, according to a police report.

Two children, a 1-year-old and a 2-year-old, were found alone near the Polytechnic campus at South Desert Village, a housing area for families and students located on Verona Avenue and South Brighton in Mesa, police reported.

CPS was contacted and the children’s information was reported to police, according to the report.

The father was later located; no charges have been filed at this time, police reported.

• An unknown suspect took a gray Dell laptop belonging to the ASU Speech and Hearing department Saturday at about 6 p.m., according to a police report.

The computer was stolen from the department’s clinic in Lattie F. Coor Hall on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The estimated value of the laptop is $1,000, according to the police report.

There are no suspects at this time, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage Monday morning on the 1800 block of Apache Boulevard, police reported.

The man and two other unidentified individuals threw white paint on a truck and scratched it repeatedly with an unknown object, according to the police report.

The vehicle’s bed was filled with paint and the side of the truck was splattered, according to the report.

There were many visible scratches on the front passenger door and rear of the truck, police reported.

The suspect was found wearing paints and shoes with white paint on them, according to the report.

The man was booked and charged with one count of criminal damage, police reported.

• A 40-year-old Mesa woman was arrested on suspicion of fraudulent use of a credit card Monday morning, according to police.

The woman is suspected of using her employer’s credit card beginning in January to purchase more than $4,260 in merchandise and services for her personal use, police reported.

The items were not related to or authorized by her company or employer and the credit card was overdrawn, according to the police report.

The woman was charged with one count of fraudulent use of a credit card at the Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at

tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu

×