ASU police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 20-year-old male ASU student was arrested Friday on suspicion of being under 21 years of age with alcohol in his body, police reported.

The student was apprehended at approximately 8 a.m. at the Fulton Center Parking Structure on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The suspect, who was traveling by skateboard, was transported the ASU police station, where he was photographed, cited and released, police reported.

• Between the hours of 1 and 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 6, an unknown person or people committed third-degree burglary by unlawfully entering Lattie F. Coor Hall on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The suspect or suspects stole four Apple MacBook Pro laptop computers valued at $2,500 each and the estimated total loss is $10,000, according to the police report.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses at this time, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 24-year-old Laveen woman, a 21-year-old Phoenix man and a 19-year-old Phoenix man were arrested Saturday on suspicion of shoplifting, police reported.

The individuals went into Saks Fifth Avenue at the Arizona Mills mall, 5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, concealed 24 items and attempted to take them out of the store, according to the police report.

The total monetary value of the items was $2,340.76, police reported. The items were concealed inside of bags also stolen from the store, according to the report.

A loss-prevention officer for the store observed and video-recorded the event, police reported.

All three suspects were booked into the Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested Aug. 31 on suspicion of theft of a large sum of money, police reported.

The man, an employee at Tempe Improv located at 930 E. University Drive, is suspected of stealing $5,700 in cash from the office safe of his employer, according to the police report.

The suspect left a note outlining the money he took and said it was a “cash advance,” police reported.

Two witnesses heard him say he spent all the money at a casino, according to the report.

The man was booked and released from Tempe City Jail on one count of theft, police reported.

Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×