An ASU student was robbed early Friday morning near Manzanita Hall, police reported Tuesday.

This is the second reported armed robbery on the Tempe campus this semester. The first was outside of Hayden Library on Sept. 1, according to police reports.

At approximately 12:15 a.m. Friday, two male suspects approached an ASU student while he was standing on the northwest side of Manzanita Hall, police reported.

The suspects took the victim’s phone and demanded his wallet, stating that they had a gun, according to the police report.

“The men never displayed the gun. It is unlikely they actually had one,” said Jay Spradling, ASU’s assistant chief of police.

The robbers fled the area in an unknown direction and have not been located, police reported.

According to the report, one man is described as a heavyset black male, wearing a dark-colored baseball cap, a yellow T-shirt and blue basketball shorts. The other is described as a black male, approximately six feet tall, with short hair, wearing a white T-shirt.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact ASU police at 480-965-3456.

×