Police Beat

ASU police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 42-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of three separate violations while riding his bicycle, police reported.

The man is suspected of trespassing, loitering on the Tempe campus and failure to stop for a red light, according to police reports.

The suspect was arrested on South Rural Road and East Apache Boulevard, police reported.

Between 12:30 and 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, an unknown suspect or suspects committed theft by stealing a 35-year-old female student’s wallet, police reported.

The wallet, containing $200, was taken from Lattie F. Coor Hall on the Tempe campus, according to police reports.

There are no leads or suspects at this time, police reported.

• Between 1 and 9 p.m. Tuesday, an unknown suspect or suspects committed burglary by stealing an 18-year-old male ASU student’s bicycle, police reported.

The black and red Mongoose bicycle was stolen from the south side of Palo Verde Main on the Tempe campus, according to police reports.

The total estimated loss is $140, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 31-year-old transient man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of selling narcotics, police reported.

Police reported the suspect sold narcotics to an undercover police officer in the Tempe area on eight separate occasions.

The suspect was arrested on the 3000 block of South Mill Avenue, according to police reports.

The suspect fled when approached and when he was later located, he resisted arrest, according to the reports.

The man was arrested and taken to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

• An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The suspect was arrested on the 900 block of West Baseline Road in Tempe, according to police reports.

Upon a search following a traffic stop, police uncovered a rolled marijuana cigarette underneath the suspect’s steering wheel cover, police reported.

Police reported the suspect admitted to placing the cigarette there prior to being pulled over.

The suspect was arrested and booked at Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 29-year-old Chandler man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of sexual assault and possession of child pornography, police reported.

The suspect was a passenger in a car stopped for a minor traffic violation on South Hardy and Minton drives in Tempe, police reported.

Upon a search of the suspect’s records, police found a prior warrant for the listed charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Jodi Cisman. Reach the reporter at jodi.cisman@asu.edu.

×