ASU police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• Three unidentified ASU students took a cab from a Scottsdale location to Vista del Sol on the Tempe campus Sunday night, and didn’t pay the driver, police reported

The 38-year-old taxi driver reported the students owed $31 for the trip, according to the police report.

When they arrived at Vista del Sol, the suspects told the driver they needed to use the ATM inside the lobby, police reported.

The three subjects never returned to pay the driver, according to the police report.

The total loss of services is $31, police reported.

• Between 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday an unknown suspect or suspects committed third-degree burglary, police reported.

The suspect or suspects entered the F-Wing of the Physical Sciences building on the Tempe campus and stole a Dell SX270 computer tower, according to the police report.

The estimated loss is $300, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, according to the police report.

• Between Sept. 14 and Sept. 19 an unknown suspect or suspects committed theft of a credit card and fraudulent use of a credit card, police reported.

The suspects stole the debit card of an 18-year-old female ASU student and made charges at Palo Verde East and Palo Verde West on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The total estimated loss is $359.26, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 24-year-old Mesa man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, threatening and resisting arrest, police reported.

The suspect was involved in a physical altercation with three other subjects on the 200 block of West Fifth Street and law enforcement was notified, according to the police report.

When police officers arrived, the man attempted to flee, police reported.

After the suspect ignored a verbal warning, officers attempted to detain him, according to the police report.

The man then grabbed an officer around her neck, police reported.

The suspect was then taken to the ground by two other officers, told to stop resisting and placed under arrest, according to the police report.

The man grabbed a different officer by the throat and said “If I weren’t in these cuffs I would f---ing kill you,” police reported.

The suspect was transported, booked and held to see a judge at the Tempe City Jail, according to the police report.

• A 33-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of felony shoplifting, possessing narcotic drugs and possessing burglary tools, police reported.

The suspect was apprehended at Sports Authority at 5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, according to the police report.

The man is suspected of using a pair of pliers to remove a security sensor from a $90 pair of shoes, police reported.

The suspect then left the store without paying for the shoes, according to the police report.

In a search upon arrest the man was found to have a small bag of cocaine in his wallet, police reported.

The suspect was transported to the Tempe City Jail and booked, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×