So what happens if the No. 5 Oklahoma football team beats No. 2 Texas Tech this weekend?

It’s basically been determined that the Big 12 Conference winner will advance to the BCS Championship game. But if Texas, OU and TTU all have one loss (to one another) in the same division of the Big 12, then how do the powers that be even determine who gets to play for the conference title?

I came up with some solutions.

What if it was determined by the best team sign?

UT has the “hook ‘em horns” sign, TTU has the “guns up” sign and Sooner fans make the “OU” sign with their arms.

Those all may seem cool to their fans, but it could be argued that Longhorn fans can’t decide if they want to say “I love you” in sign language or if they want to “rock on”, that Red Raider fans should stick their sign to their head and call themselves losers and that Sooner fans are doing some strange version of the YMCA.

What if it was determined by the best mascot?

OU has the Sooner Schooner and TTU has the Masked Rider and UT has Bevo the Longhorn.

Those may all sound intimidating at first, but OU’s mascot looks like something out of Oregon Trail, TTU’s is a chick riding a horse that doesn’t even bother to show her face, and UT’s is a hunk of beef.

If TTU just wins Saturday, that would basically solve everything.

But that wouldn’t be any fun, now, would it?

×