Proposition 102 fueled by hate, politics

Proposition 102 established a constitutional discrimination in the state of Arizona. Proposition 102 cannot be viewed at face value since it is more complex than its proponents would like you to believe.

Not only was Proposition 102 designed to further secure the denial of rights to a portion of the Arizona community; same-sex marriage is already banned in the state with or without a constitutional clause, but Proposition 102 was also designed to drive religiously conservative voters (who are most likely also politically conservative) to the polls so that they would vote conservative across the board.

We make choices of discrimination every day: I don't like mayonnaise or I prefer the color blue, but voting yes on Proposition 102 was a choice of discrimination motivated by hate that denies rights to Arizona citizens.

Christina Rocks

Undergraduate

Better research articles about research

(In response to James King’s Nov. 4 article “Ultrasounds could advance healing, gaming”)

I would just like to comment on your article written about professor [Jamie] Tyler's ultrasound work published on Nov. 4.

Now, I am no journalism expert but the lead was way off. First of all, the research has nothing to do with video games and who is Mike Charles and who cares how long he stood in line for a game?

Secondly, I think you should have done a little research of your own and fully understood the extent of this groundbreaking science because clearly you did not get the concept. Such prominent and exquisite work should never be cast in such a rudimentary light.

I strongly advise you to hone your scientific writing skills and gain a full understanding of the story you are covering.

Daaimah Lavigne

Former student

×