Police Beat

ASU police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• Between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday an unknown person or persons damaged a car parked in an ASU garage, police reported.

The car, a Toyota RAV4, was parked on the second level of the Rural Road Parking Structure on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated cost of the damage is $200, and police have no leads or suspects at this time, according to the report.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 38-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of auto theft, according to a police report.

Police stopped the man at the corner of North 17th Street and East Roosevelt Street in Tempe while driving a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo, police reported.

After running the license plates on the vehicle, police discovered the car was reported to the Phoenix Police Department as being stolen on Nov. 15, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

• A 33-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale, possession of marijuana and sale of marijuana, police reported.

Police arrested the man at St. Luke’s Hospital in Tempe where he was being treated for injuries he received in an auto accident, according to a police report.

A check of the man’s driver’s license showed three outstanding felony warrants issued by the Maricopa County Sherriff’s Office, according to the report.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 36-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of one count of forgery and one count of theft, police reported.

On Oct. 29 the man purchased a Dyson vacuum cleaner from the Target store located at 1800 East Rio Salado Parkway, police reported.

The vacuum cost $549.99 and the man used five fake $100 bills to pay for it, according to the police report.

The man could be seen on surveillance videos handing the cashier the fake bills and then leaving the store with the vacuum, police reported.

The man was found by Tempe police and arrested on Tuesday and taken to the Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Reports compiled by James King. Reach the reporter at jaking5@asu.edu.

×