ASU police reported the following incidents Monday:

• Between 11:50 a.m. and 2:50 p.m. on Dec. 1 an unknown suspect or suspects committed third-degree burglary on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The subject or subjects broke the window of a truck belonging to a 20-year-old male ASU student, according to the police report.

The truck was parked in Lot 59. The suspect or suspects stole multiple items from inside the car totaling an estimated $600, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, according to the police report.

• Between about 10 p.m. on Nov. 26 and 2:30 p.m. on Dec. 2 an unknown suspect or suspects burglarized the vehicle of a 20-year-old male ASU student, police reported.

The student’s Jeep was parked on the third level of the Vista del Sol parking lot on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

A stereo valued at $400 was stolen from the student’s car, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses, according to the police report.

• Between about 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 25 and 4 p.m. on Dec. 1 an unknown suspect or suspects broke into a vehicle belonging to a 19-year-old male ASU student, police reported.

The sedan was parked in the Vista del Sol parking lot on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The student’s stereo system valued at $1,900 was stolen, police reported.

• Between 7 p.m. on Nov. 11 and 1 a.m. on Nov. 12 an unknown suspect or suspects forcibly entered a vehicle belonging to an 18-year-old male ASU student, police reported.

The student’s car was parked in the Rural Road parking structure on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The suspects removed a parking decal and iPod, police reported.

The estimated loss is $225, according to the police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incident Monday:

• A 22-year-old man was arrested Monday on suspicion of theft of a means of transportation and possessing motor vehicle manipulation keys, police reported.

The man was found to be in possession of a stolen vehicle and claimed it belonged to a friend who let him borrow it, according to the police report.

The suspect also told police his friend told him not to touch anything in the car, police reported.

The man was in possession of six “jiggle” keys — keys often used to steal vehicles — and two of them fit in the ignition of the car, according to the police report.

Upon search, the man also admitted he had dumped two open containers of alcohol after he was pulled over and was charged with two counts of having an open container of alcohol in a vehicle, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×