Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 42-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and a Tempe City warrant, according to police reports.

The man was initially arrested on North Scottsdale Road for an outstanding Tempe City warrant by the Scottsdale Police Department, police reported.

The warrant was confirmed by dispatch, and the man was booked into Tempe City Jail, where he is being held to see a judge, according to police reports.

At the jail, police searched the man’s property. The search revealed a small plastic bag filled with a useable size of methamphetamine, which the man admitted was his, police reported.

The man was then held on suspicion of illegal possession of drugs, according to police reports. He was held for his Tempe warrant.

• A 46-year-old Phoenix man was cited Wednesday for a traffic violation that led police to discover he had three outstanding warrants out of Texas, according to police reports.

The man was pulled over and cited at 530 W. University Drive in Tempe, police reported.

Police reported that upon further investigation, a Tempe police officer discovered the man gave him false information. It was later revealed that the man had an outstanding warrant out of Texas.

The man was arrested on suspicion on one count of providing false information and transported and booked into jail.

• A 19-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of prescription drugs that were not his, according to police reports.

The man was arrested at 580 S. All American Way in Tempe after investigations revealed he had three outstanding warrants out of Tempe, police reported.

Investigation of the man’s vehicle revealed prescription pills. The man said the ten Percocet pills belonged to him but that he does not have a prescription for the pills and received the medication from his friend in Phoenix, according to police reports.

The man was transported and booked into jail on suspicion of possession of drugs and outstanding warrants, which include leaving the scene of an accident and inciting criminal damage, police reported.

He was held on the outstanding warrants.

• A 45-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of selling dangerous drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police reports.

The man was spotted in his vehicle that was parked along the side of the street behind Sunshine Market on Laird Street and Evergreen Avenue, police reported.

While police were investigating the man’s vehicle, they came across aluminum foil balls that he attempted to hide under an apartment rental magazine in the front seat of his vehicle, according to police reports.

The man individually unwrapped the aluminum foil balls, revealing about 1.5 grams of heroin, which the man admitted was his.

He was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, where his release is pending, police reported.

Reports compiled by Lauren Gambino. Reach the reporter at lauren.gambino@asu.edu.

×