ASU police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 19-year-old male ASU student was arrested Jan. 23 on suspicion of assault, police reported.

The student, who was also cited for being a minor under the influence, reportedly pushed a 19-year-old male ASU student, according to a police report.

The man then punched an 18-year-old male ASU student several times, striking and breaking his nose and causing multiple cuts to his face, police reported.

The incident occurred in Manzanita Hall on the Tempe campus where all three of the students live, according to a police report.

The student was processed and released from the ASU police station, police reported.

• A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession, dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia on Jan. 23, police reported.

The man was outside of Palo Verde West on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The man was transferred to Phoenix police to be processed because he also had a misdemeanor warrant, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons stole a parking decal belonging to a 23-year-old male ASU student sometime in early December, police reported.

The student alerted police that he began getting billed for unpaid parking tickets in December 2008 and is still receiving notices, according to a police report.

The tickets are from the West campus. The student told police he has never been to the West campus, police reported.

The situation will be resolved after ASU Parking and Transit Services conducts an investigation, according to the police report.

The student said he is willing to aid in the prosecution of the suspect, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 31-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of being in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, false reporting to law enforcement and trespassing, police reported.

An officer stopped the man after watching him ride his skateboard into the middle of traffic on the 1800 block of East Broadway Road, according to the police report.

When the officer asked the man his name, he reported a fake name. When the officer learned the man’s real name, a search revealed he had an outstanding warrant from the Tempe police department, police reported.

A search upon his arrest revealed the man was in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

• An 18-year-old Anthem man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of being in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was stopped for a traffic violation after making an unsafe turn, and the officer reported he could smell marijuana coming from inside the vehicle, according to a police report.

A search revealed two plastic containers filled with marijuana, a glass pipe with marijuana residue and a small scale believed to be used to weigh marijuana for dealing, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, according to a police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×