Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 38-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, police reported.

The owner of a residence on the 6700 block of South Jentilly Lane asked the man to leave and called police after he refused, according to a police report.

Police arrived at around 5:25 p.m. and asked the man to leave, but he would not do so, according to the report.

The man then began to threaten the officer, lunging at him and saying, “I’ll beat you,” according to the report.

Another officer detained the man in handcuffs, but he reportedly resisted arrest by pulling away and falling to the ground.

While forcefully removing him from the residence, the man tried to kick and trip a third officer, according to the report.

Police took the man to Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

Police observed the man participating in a possible drug deal in an apartment on the 3700 block of South Mill Ave., according to a police report.

When police initially attempted to contact the man, he fled on foot, police reported.

During a K-9 search of the area, police found a usable quantity of marijuana, according to the report.

After finding the man, a consensual search of the apartment yielded a digital scale and individual bags of marijuana packaged for sale, police reported.

A later search of the man’s apartment yielded miscellaneous items of drug paraphernalia, according to the report.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old transient man was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of third-degree burglary, police reported.

A police investigation revealed he entered the Circle K at 119 W. University Drive at around 8 p.m., went behind a counter and removed a .750- liter bottle of Jim Beam, according to the report.

The man then exited the store with the bottle without making an attempt to pay, police reported.

The counter was in an employee-only section, separated from the public area of the store by a walkway, which was blocked by a garbage can, police reported.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge.

• A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of theft, according to police.

An investigation revealed that the man removed vegetables, pizza and beer from a Safeway at 926 E. Broadway Road, police reported.

Further investigation revealed the man had an outstanding warrant from the Department of Public Safety, according to the report.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, where police then found a small, leafy substance believed to be marijuana in his front left shirt pocket, police reported.

The man was cited for shoplifting, booked on the DPS warrant and released pending the possession of marijuana charges, according to police.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×