ASU police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• Between 4 a.m. and noon on Feb. 5, an unknown person or persons damaged the walls of a Tempe campus residence hall, police reported.

A Manzanita Hall community assistant reported profanity and racial markings written across the elevator and wall of the 13th floor, according to a police report.

The damage was done in permanent marker, police reported.

The total estimated damage is $200, according to the report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

• The vehicle of an 18-year-old female ASU student was stolen from the Tempe campus between Feb. 3 and 5, police reported.

The white SUV was parked in the Rural Road parking structure on the top level of the structure for several days. The student lives in a residence hall on campus, according to a police report.

The total estimated loss is $17,000, according to a police report.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 47-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of shoplifting, possessing dangerous drugs and possessing drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was arrested at the Costco on 1445 W. Elliot Road after he left the store with four computer-memory devices concealed in his clothing, according to a police report.

When he was searched upon arrest, police found a bag of crystal methamphetamine in his wallet, a pipe in his sock and a straw with methamphetamine residue in his jacket, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge on the shoplifting charge, police reported.

• A 23-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was arrested near East Broadway Road and South Dorsey Lane after he was stopped for not having a license plate light, and police found that his driver’s license was suspended, according to a police report.

A subsequent search of the vehicle revealed a tin container filled with marijuana in a drawer underneath the front passenger’s seat and a glass pipe with marijuana residue, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge.

Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×