Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 21-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

Police observed the man placing a bag of a green leafy substance and a small scale under a bush on the 2000 block of East Apache Boulevard, according to the police report.

When police arrested the man, he admitted the marijuana was his, police reported.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, according to a police report.

• A 27-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and being in possession of marijuana, police reported.

The man was stopped after a traffic violation on the 1100 block of East 8th Street, according to the police report.

The officer reported he could smell marijuana burning inside the man’s vehicle. The car was searched and the officer found a usable quantity of marijuana in the center console, police reported.

The man was also driving on a license that was suspended in November 2008, according to a police report.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 24-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Thursday on suspicion of taking the identity of another, police reported.

Investigation revealed the woman knowingly used the personal info of another Tempe woman, including her name, birth date and Social Security number during a traffic stop in July 2008, according to the police report.

The woman was stopped at East Southern Avenue and South Dorsey Lane and misled police to avoid serving jail time for driving on a suspended license for the second time, police reported.

The woman was fined $1,700 in traffic violations using the woman’s stolen identity, according to a police report.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of being in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was arrested in his apartment on the 200 block of West Hermosa Drive, according to a police report.

Police said they observed the man weigh marijuana inside his apartment through a window, police reported.

When the officers entered the apartment, the man grabbed several bags of marijuana and ran toward the back of the apartment, according to a police report.

Officer also observed several pipes and bongs in plain view inside the apartment, police reported.

The man was detained inside the apartment, transported to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to a police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×