Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 21-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of aggravated assault of a police officer, police reported.

The suspect attempted to run over a Tempe police officer with a car near West Sixth Street and South Mill Avenue while fleeing southbound from police cars, according to a police report.

The man was pursued by police cars, then stopped and detained in the area of West Third and South Roosevelt streets, police reported.

He was transported and booked into the Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 23-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana, police reported.

She was arrested on the north shore of Tempe Town Lake just south of the 700 block of south Mill Avenue, according to a police report.

A park ranger stopped the woman for smoking a marijuana cigarette, and the suspect tried to hide and destroy the remaining “roach” by putting it in her mouth, according to the report.

When the park ranger asked the woman to take the marijuana out of her mouth, she placed it on the picnic table, police reported.

The suspect then threw the marijuana on the ground, but the park ranger found it, according to the report.

After her Miranda rights were read, the suspect admitted the cigarette contained marijuana and that she had been smoking it, police reported.

The suspect was arrested and transported to the jail where she was booked and released pending, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Rheyanne Weaver. Reach the reporter at reweaver@asu.edu.

×