Police Beat

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• On Thursday between 5 and 9 a.m., an unknown suspect or suspects unlawfully removed 12 rolls of toilet paper valued at $50 from the University Center Building at the West campus, police reported.

The toilet paper was stolen from the first-floor women’s bathroom near the information desk, according to a police report.

Police reported they did not have any leads or suspects in the theft.

• On Thursday between 8:30 and 11:40 a.m., an unknown person or persons stole a red and blue Gary Fisher mountain bike from a bike rack on the south side of the Business Administration C building, according to a police report.

The estimated loss was $400, and there were no suspects or leads in the theft, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

Police arrested the man on the 3700 block of South Mill Avenue at 8:22 p.m. after an investigation revealed he was in possession of a usable quantity of marijuana, according to a report.

The investigation also revealed the man was in possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• An 18-year-old Nogales man was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of driving on a suspended license near East Seventh Street and South Mill Avenue, police reported.

The man was stopped for a civil traffic violation at 1 a.m. when a records check showed his license was suspended, according to a police report.

He was taken to Tempe City Jail where a search revealed a bag containing a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana was found on the inside groin area of his pants, police reported.

He was booked in Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday for an outstanding extraditable warrant from New Mexico, according to police reports.

While police were at the man’s apartment on the 1200 block of East Vista Del Cerro Drive, they discovered he was in possession of a quantity of marijuana indicating that it was for sale, police reported.

The man denied ownership of the marijuana and was taken to Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×