Police Beat

Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of aggravated assault with a knife and consuming alcohol under the age of 21, police reported.

The man was contacted by police at South Rita Lane and East Libra Drive in Tempe, according to a police report.

The suspect was identified by a witness, and later admitted to stabbing a male subject after an altercation at South Lakeshore and East Southshore drives in Tempe, police reported.

The man said he stabbed the other man in the back while engaged in a physical fight, according to the report.

The man also admitted to consuming alcohol that evening, police reported.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

• A 31-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 10 on suspicion of committing criminal damage, threatening and intimidation and first-degree trespassing, police reported.

The man went to his ex-girlfriend’s apartment on the 2000 block of East 10th Street and pounded on her door, demanding she open it so he could “kick her ass,” according to a police report.

The woman refused to open the door, but the man hit and kicked it at least six times until it broke open, police reported.

The estimated damage to the door is $300. The woman informed the suspect that she had called police, according to the report.

The man, who was extremely intoxicated, grabbed the woman by the shirt and told her he was going to shoot and kill her if she didn’t get an abortion, police reported.

Two of the victim’s children witnessed the event, according to the report.

The man was arrested soon after the incident at his parent’s home nearby. Investigation revealed that the man is a documented gang member, police reported.

• A 27-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 8 on suspicion of assault and domestic violence and marijuana possession, police reported.

The man was contacted on the 1500 block of East Broadway Road in Tempe, according to a police report.

The suspect reportedly pushed his stepfather in the chest after a verbal argument, police reported.

The man then attempted to barricade himself inside the locked apartment and threatened to hurt himself with a large kitchen knife, according to the report.

The man was detained after he rammed through the apartment door and was shot with a Taser gun, police reported.

Upon the man’s release from Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital, a search revealed he was in possession of a plastic bag of marijuana, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge on the assault charge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×