Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 54-year-old Tucson man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of assault and possessing narcotic drugs, police reported.

The man was arrested at the Cherry Lounge and Pit at 411 S. Mill Ave. after he struck a bouncer in the bathroom, according to a police report.

Several bouncers escorted the man out of the club after the incident, police reported.

On his way out of the building, the man attempted to drop a small bag of white powder out of sight under a table, according to the report.

The substance is believed to be cocaine, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held on the drug charge, police reported.

• A 33-year-old Sunnyslope man was arrested Friday on suspicion of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, police reported.

The man was arrested on the light rail near South Rural and East Terrace roads in Tempe, according to a police report.

The man was reportedly sleeping on the train and refused to get off after an officer woke him up, police reported.

The suspect then punched the officer, causing him to fall and dislocate his knee, according to the report.

The officer was transported to a local hospital, and the suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail, where police discovered he had two outstanding city of Phoenix warrants for shoplifting, police reported.

The man was booked on assault charges and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 32-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Friday on suspicion of embezzlement, police reported.

The woman was arrested at her place of business on the 6900 block of South Priest Drive, according to a police report.

Investigation revealed the woman had been stealing computer equipment from her employer for several months and selling it on eBay, police reported.

The estimated loss is more than $35,000 in computer parts, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×