ASU police reported the following incidents Monday:

• On April 15 an 8-year-old male was knocked down and injured by a dog on the Polytechnic campus, police reported.

The child was transported by his mother to an urgent care center in Mesa and treated for several scratches on his right shoulder, according to a police report.

No one was arrested or cited in the incident. The woman and her son were unable to identify to whom the dog belonged or where it went after the incident, police reported.

• Between about 12:15 and 12:30 a.m. on April 5, an unknown person or persons committed criminal damage on the Tempe campus, police reported.

An officer conducting a routine security check in Hassayampa Academic Village discovered a shattered window on the first floor of Building A, according to a police report.

No one was injured by the shattered glass, police reported.

The total estimated damage is $4,000. There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, according to the report.

• A 20-year-old male ASU student was arrested on suspicion of assault on April 3, police reported.

The student was arrested after an officer was called to Vista del Sol on the Tempe campus around 3 a.m., according to a police report.

Though the altercation had already taken place, several witnesses pointed to the suspect, who was still at the scene of the fight, police reported.

The victims, a 20-year-old male ASU student and a 19-year-old female ASU student, identified the suspect, acco-rding to the report.

A 20-year-old male ASU student reported that he witnessed the incident and also identified the man to the arresting officer, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incident Monday:

• A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession and attempting to escape from law enforcement officers, police reported.

The man was a passenger in a vehicle stopped for a civil traffic violation on the 1000 block of West Broadway Road, according to a police report.

The officer smelled marijuana burning inside the vehicle when the driver rolled down the window. The officer removed both of the men from the car and placed them in handcuffs, police reported.

After the suspect was handcuffed he yelled to the officer, “The marijuana is in the CD case,” and then reportedly tugged free from the officer’s grip and ran westbound on Broadway Road, according to the report.

After a foot chase, and the suspect was apprehended near West Broadway Road and South Cutler Drive, which is nearly a mile away from where the chase started police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggerige@asu.edu.

×