ASU police reported the following incidents Monday:

• An 18-year-old male ASU student and a 19-year-old male ASU student were contacted by police Friday after a campus police aide observed them entering a residence hall holding Airsoft guns, police reported.

The students admitted to ownership of the guns later when they were contacted later inside their residence hall, according to a police report.

The students also admitted they knew the guns are not allowed on campus, police reported.

The guns were impounded at the ASU police station, and the students were not charged, according to a report.

• Between about 1:30 and 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, an unknown person or persons committed criminal damage on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The suspect or suspects used a permanent marker to draw across a magnetic door sensor in an elevator in the Business Administration C-Wing building, according to a police report.

Because the sensor was blocked, the elevator doors will not close. The elevator needs repair but no estimated cost is known at this time, police reported.

There are no suspects, witnesses or investigative leads, according to a report.

Tempe police reported the following incident Monday:

• A 19-year-old Tempe man and ASU student was arrested Thursday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was arrested on the 1600 block of East University Drive after the security guard in his apartment complex smelled marijuana and contacted Tempe police, according to a police report.

The man admitted to having marijuana and surrendered it to police. He also admitted to owning a 2-foot multicolored pipe he used to smoke marijuana, police reported.

The student told officers he began smoking marijuana when he started college in the fall, and that he knew it was a mistake and regretted it, according to a report.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×