ASU police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• Between 12:10 and 4:45 p.m. on Monday, an unknown person or persons stole the purse of a 22-year-old female ASU student, police reported.

The purse had been left in the student’s vehicle on the east side of the Sun Devil Stadium parking lot on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The total estimated loss is $344, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses, according to the report.

• An 18-year-old male ASU student was arrested Saturday on suspicion of criminal damage, police reported.

The student was arrested at Hassayampa Academic Village on the Tempe campus where he is a resident, according to a police report.

There was one witness of the incident. The student was cited and released at the scene, police reported.

• A 19-year-old male was arrested on April 16 on suspicion of bike theft on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The man was seen removing a bicycle from bicycle racks outside of Manzanita Hall, according to a police report.

The man was taken to the ASU Police department where he was fingerprinted, photographed, cited and released, police reported.

The total value of the bicycle recovered is $500, according to a report.

• A 20-year-old male ASU student was arrested on April 15 on suspicion of shoplifting at Devil’s Market inside of the Palo Verde Main residence hall on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The student is suspected of stealing $53.41 of merchandise by concealing it in his gym bag and exiting without paying, according to a police report.

The man was stopped after he exited the store and searched, then transported to the ASU Police department where he was fingerprinted, photographed, cited and released, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incident Wednesday:

• A 59-year-old Tempe woman was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of arson of an occupied structure, police reported.

The woman was arrested on the 1800 block of East Van Buren Avenue in Phoenix after police conducted an investigation, according to a police report.

The woman is suspected of soaking two bed sheets in lamp oil and placing them over the windows of her living room and master bedroom on the 500 block of West Riviera Drive in Tempe, police reported.

The woman set the sheets on fire intending to commit suicide, but she became fearful for her neighbors and their home because the fire spread very quickly, according to the report.

The woman exited her home through the doggy door because she had locked herself inside and had no other way to exit, police reported.

She warned her neighbors and admitted to setting the fire to police several minutes later, according to the report.

No one was injured in the incident, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital and admitted for a mental evaluation, according to the report.

She was later released and transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at

tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×