Police Beat

ASU police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• On April 5 around 7:10 p.m., a 20-year-old male ASU student was arrested in the Safeway parking lot near East Broadway and South Rural roads on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, according to a police report.

The man had a blood alcohol content over .20, which constitutes an extreme DUI, according to the report.

• On Monday between 6 a.m. and 6:45 p.m., an unknown suspect or suspects removed the front wheel of a 30-year-old female student’s bicycle outside of the Student Recreation Complex and replaced it with a bent wheel, according to a police report.

The student’s bike was locked to the bike rack on the northwest side of the building, police reported.

The damage was estimated at $100, according to the report.

• An Apple iPhone belonging to a 20-year-old male student was stolen from the east wing of the music building on April 1 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., according to police reports.

The estimated loss was $500, and police have no suspects at this time, police reported.

• Between 4 and 5 p.m. on April 13, an unknown person or persons stole a BlackBerry Pearl mobile phone belonging to a 19-year-old male ASU student, according to police reports.

The phone was taken from room 21 in the Physical Sciences A-Wing, police reported.

The total estimated loss was $350, and there are no leads or suspects at this time, according to police reports.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 23-year-old Safford, Ariz., man was arrested Tuesday near the 1300 block of West Broadway Road on suspicion of the possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Police originally pulled the man over for making an improper left turn, and when they walked up to the car, they smelled the distinct odor of marijuana, police reported.

The man admitted he had smoked marijuana in his car using a bong, and a subsequent search revealed two bags of marijuana and two bongs, according to police.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 21-year-old Scottsdale woman was arrested on Tuesday near West Broadway Road and South Roosevelt Street on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The woman was a passenger in a vehicle that police had pulled over during a traffic stop. A search of the vehicle revealed the woman had several marijuana smoking pipes, police reported.

The woman admitted to owning the pipes and was then arrested, according to police.

A search after her arrest revealed the woman had two bags of marijuana in her pocket, police reported.

The woman was booked in Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to police reports.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu

×