Police Beat

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 61-year-old Tempe woman was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of endangerment, police reported.

The woman was arrested after crossing East Apache Boulevard northbound at South Oak Street in Tempe, according to a police report.

While under the influence of liquor, the woman was pushing a stroller containing her infant grandchild, according to the report.

Witnesses observed her falling on different occasions while pushing the stroller, police reported.

The woman was transported to 100 East Fifth Street and booked on one count of endangerment, where she awaits to see the judge, according to the report.

• A 24-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested at about 11:40 p.m. on Tuesday in connection with a valid Tempe warrant, police reported.

During a search incident for arrest, a bag of marijuana was located in the woman’s purse, and an unknown pill was located in her billfold, according to a police report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked early Wednesday morning and held to see a judge for the warrant and released pending on the drug charge, according to the report.

• A 51-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of two felony warrants and possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was contacted after digging in a Dumpster behind a business on the 1700 block of East Apache Boulevard in Tempe, according to a police report.

A warrants check revealed the two warrants, and a search of the man’s backpack revealed various pieces of drug paraphernalia in a black bag, police reported.

The man was arrested and booked for the two warrants, according to the report.

• A 19-year-old Las Vegas man was arrested at about 3 a.m. on Monday on suspicion of being a minor in possession and misconduct with weapons, police reported.

The man was contacted at the 800 block of East Southern Avenue in Phoenix. He was a passenger of a vehicle that was stopped in relation to a call about a vehicle that was being driven erratically, according to a police report.

The man was found in possession of a usable quantity of marijuana and a .25 caliber handgun, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was processed for the possession and weapons charges and released pending these charges, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tye Rabens. Reach the reporter at trabens@asu.edu.

×