ASU police reported the following incidents on Monday:

• Between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, an unknown person or persons committed criminal damage to the vehicle of a 64-year-old ASU staff member, police reported.

The man’s car was parked on the north side of the 10th Street parking structure on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The front windshield of the car had a large crack, which the man believes was caused by a rock, police reported.

The total estimated damage is $500, according to the report.

There are no leads, suspects and witnesses, but the man is willing to aid in prosecution, police reported.

• Between 5 p.m. on April 24 and 11:30 a.m. on April 28, an unknown person committed criminal damage in Irish Hall on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The suspect or suspects damaged a large window. The total estimated loss is $100, according to a police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents on Monday:

• A 25-year-old State Press sports reporter was arrested Sunday on suspicion of first-degree trespassing, police reported.

The Tempe man was arrested just after 3 a.m. near South Ash Avenue and West First Street for trespassing on a critical infrastructure after he was found on a Metro Light Rail bridge by private security, according to the police report.

The student walked passed several “No Trespassing” signs in order to access the bridge, police reported.

The man was arrested on the scene, transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

• A 26-year-old transient man was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, resisting

arrest and attempting to escape law enforcement, police reported.

The man was contacted by police on the 200 block of East Baseline Road and attempted to flee on foot after a consensual search revealed he was in possession of marijuana and a glass pipe with marijuana residue inside, according to a police report.

After police found the suspect several blocks away, he resisted being handcuffed by swinging his arms and hiding his arms underneath his body, police reported.

After one handcuff was latched, the suspect continued to fight police officers for several minutes, broke free and ran away again, according to the report.

After a struggle, police eventually detained the suspect, and he was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 22-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested Friday on suspicion of assault, trespassing, disorderly conduct, being in possession of narcotic drugs and driving on a suspended license, police reported.

The man was arrested at 501 S. Mill Ave. after several employees of the Library Bar and Grill asked him to leave, according to a police report.

The man reportedly assaulted an employee and disrupted business by fighting with a different employee, police reported.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was held on several warrant charges from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, the Arizona Department of Public Safety and Scottsdale police, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×