Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 21-year-old transient man was arrested Friday on suspicion of disorderly conduct, criminal damage, criminal trespassing and possession of narcotic drugs and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was arrested at an apartment complex on the 1500 block of North Scottsdale Road after he tried repeatedly to contact the residents of an apartment in the area, according to a police report.

The residents asked the man several times to leave them alone, but he reportedly refused. The residents said they had never met the suspect, police reported.

The man kicked the door several times, causing $100 in damage, and still refused to leave the area, according to a report.

A search was conducted subsequent to his arrest on suspicion of trespassing and disorderly conduct and revealed he was in possession of a usable quantity of a white substance believed to be cocaine, police reported.

The man was also in possession of a glass pipe with burned marijuana residue inside and a cored apple that also had burned marijuana residue, according to a report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of being in possession of marijuana and aggravated assault, police reported.

The man was contacted on the 1900 block of East Apache Boulevard, according to a police report.

He was arrested for an outstanding warrant from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office for assault. A search upon his arrest revealed a

usable quantity of marijuana in his front pocket, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held on the assault charge, according to a report

• A 24-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of burglary, possession of burglary tools and possession of stolen property, police reported.

A witness called police to report a man using a jiggle key to gain entry to a white truck on the 7200 block of South Priest Drive, according to a police report.

The suspect tried to leave the scene in his own black sedan but was stopped almost immediately by police. Inside the suspect’s car was an iPod that had been inside the burglarized truck, gloves with a pattern that matched a mark on the truck and a key ring with a jiggle key believed to be used on the truck, police reported.

The man denied any knowledge about how the items got into his vehicle and denied any connection to the incident, according to a report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×