Bravo to student journalism across the country. Many have hailed the Yale Daily News as having the best coverage among its competitors of a huge homicide story this week. The student journalists ranked right up there with national news outlets, solidifying the hope that journalistic integrity will not dissolve even though the industry is changing. On the other hand, The Harvard Crimson published a Holocaust-denying ad that Crimson President Maxwell L. Child said, “fell through the cracks.” But instead of avoiding the issue, the paper did handle the fallout appropriately. Here at The State Press, the thing that matters most to us is your feedback. This upcoming Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. there will be an “Ask the Editor” table by the Memorial Union on the Tempe campus. Stop by to give us story ideas, submit letters to the editor or just ask us some questions. See you there!

Boo to the Phoenix Suns for selling out. The Suns revealed new practice jerseys featuring the logo for Annexus Group on Wednesday, which means both Valley professional basketball teams now have some sort of jersey sponsorship after Team LifeLock — er, the Phoenix Mercury — sold the front of their uniforms to the identity theft protection agency this summer. Go ahead and plaster your advertisements all over the arena, the court or the game broadcasts, but please leave the jerseys alone. That’s sacred territory.

Bravo to local police departments. The ASU Police Department has begun producing a podcast, “The Beat Down with Miles Long.” The goal of the radio-like program, which is released every Monday, is to inform students of the 18 most popular crimes on campus. The Tempe Police Department is also increasing outreach. They mounted campaigns in May and September to increase awareness about sexual violence. We appreciate the efforts of law enforcement to keep us safe and informed.

Boo to bicycle carelessness. Nothing’s worse than leaving your morning lecture class — when the ride home on your quick new bike is the only redeeming part about getting up so early — and you find someone has hastily locked the top tube of their cruiser to the bike rack. It’s slumped on the concrete like a beached whale, digging into the spokes on your dad’s meticulously-maintained Italian road bike from his “tri” days. Just be thankful they didn’t lock their bike to yours.

Bravo to TV — the only thing other than Facebook that could keep us from our academic pursuits. It’s been a tough start of the semester without having our favorite TV shows to help distract us from homework. Now that the fall seasons have started, we’re looking forward to being much less productive — unless watching “The Office” somehow counts as getting work done, in which case, we’re all right with that. Now that the weekend is finally here, take some time to get back in the TV-watching groove. We’ll be vegging out, too.

×