Police Beat

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 26-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Sunday morning at South Mill Avenue and East Ellis Drive in Tempe on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Police pulled the man over and an investigation revealed he was in possession of a syringe and a spoon commonly used to inject heroin, police reported.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, and during a strip search he removed a usable quantity of heroin from his anus and attempted to flush it down the toilet, according to the report.

Police reported they stopped him and retrieved the heroin. He was then booked in Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• An 18-year-old Flagstaff man was arrested Sunday morning on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Police saw the man snorting a white powdery substance off his car’s owner’s manual in his car on the 1100 block of East Orange Street around 4:13 a.m., police reported.

When police contacted the man, he quickly knocked the owner’s manual on the floor, but admitted the powdery substance was cocaine, according to the report.

A police search of the vehicle revealed 38 ecstasy pills in a bag between the driver’s seat where he was sitting, and the center console, police reported. Further searching revealed a bag containing 36 more ecstasy pills in his glove box, according to the report.

Police impounded the owner’s manual and a dollar bill as drug paraphernalia, booked the man at Tempe City Jail and released him pending charges, according to the report.

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday around 11:12 a.m. on suspicion of forgery, according to a police report.

Police arrested the man on the 1900 block of East Broadway Road after they determined he forged employment documents to gain employment at a Subway on the 3000 block of South McClintock Drive, police reported.

• A 21-year-old Phoenix woman and a 24-year-old Tempe man were arrested Saturday on the 1200 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of sexual assault and sexual abuse, according to a police report.

A victim reported that the two had sexually assaulted her the night before at the above address, police reported.

The victim told police the two removed her pants when she said no and then forced her into having sex, police reported.

The two were booked at Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×