Police Beat

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• An 18-year-old male ASU student was arrested late Thursday evening at a sporting goods store near South Rural Road and East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of shoplifting, according to police reports.

The student was caught by store employees trying to leave with approximately $300 in merchandise, according to the report.

The student was booked into Forth Avenue Jail and released after being issued a citation, police reported.

• An 18-year-old female ASU student was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting and possession of drug paraphernalia Wednesday afternoon at a sporting goods store near South Rural Road and East Apache Boulevard, police reported.

The woman was booked into Forth Avenue Jail and issued a citation, according to the report.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 21-year-old Michigan man was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness and furnishing alcohol to a minor near South Mill Avenue and West Fourth Street, police reported.

The man and his friend, a minor, were reportedly sitting on a bench when they were approached by an officer, according to a police report.

The minor was drinking from a bottle of whiskey, police reported.

As the officer was approaching, he threw the bottle to his companion, who drank from it as well, according to a report.

As they were being searched, a plastic bag containing a usable quantity of marijuana fell from the man’s pant leg, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according a report.

• A 24-year-old Chandler woman was arrested Sunday night on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident near the corner of East Sixth Street and South Mill Avenue, police reported.

Witnesses at the scene said they saw the woman hit a taxicab with her car and flee the scene, police reported. The woman was found and arrested by police officers less than 10 minutes later, according to the report.

She was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

The cab driver was transported to a nearby hospital with minor injuries, police reported.

Reports compiled by Derek Quizon. Reach the reporter at derek.quizon@asu.edu.

×