ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• An unidentified man and woman are suspected of committing fraudulent schemes on the 700 block of South College Avenue on Friday afternoon, police reported.

An unidentified man and woman took $80 from a victim under the disguise of “Reader’s Advantage Group,” at the Fulton parking structure, according to a police report.

• Between 12:45 and 7:20 a.m. on Sept. 28, an unknown person or persons broke into a vehicle on the 1100 block of South Rural Road, police reported.

The person or persons broke the driver’s side window and removed a touch-screen radio and an iPod Touch, according to a police report.

The estimated loss and repair costs are estimated to be $2,000, police reported.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 28-year-old Tempe man was arrested Monday afternoon on the 6500 block of South Hardy Drive on suspicion of aggravated assault, police reported.

The man reportedly knowingly entered an apartment with the intent of assaulting the resident after the resident insulted the man in a text message, according to a police report.

He head-butted the resident as he entered the apartment, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of aggravated assault, according to a report.

• A 21-year-old Chandler man was arrested early Saturday morning at East McArthur Drive and South George Drive on suspicion of attempted burglary, police reported.

The man reportedly approached the victim, asked for his wallet and then assaulted the man causing injury, according to a police report.

The victim fled on foot with the wallet, police reported.

The Chandler man was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of attempted burglary, according to a report.

• A 22-year-old female Mesa Community College student was arrested late Friday night on the 1900 block of East Rio Salado Parkway on suspicion of assaulting a law-enforcement officer, police reported.

The woman was contacted on a dirt field and construction area near Tempe Marketplace, according to a police report.

When an officer tried to detain the woman, she slid out of the handcuffs and kicked the officer in the chest, police reported.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of aggravated assault of a police officer, according to a report.

• A 23-year-old Tempe woman was arrested late Friday night at West 16th Street and South Hardy Drive on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, police reported.

The woman was contacted at a vehicle stop and during a search of the vehicle police found two small bags of methamphetamine in her purse, according to a police report.

The car was originally stopped after a records check of the registration showed the car’s insurance had been removed and it was not supposed to be on the road, police reported.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of possession of dangerous drugs and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a report.

Reports compiled by Nathan Meacham. Reach the reporter at nathan.meacham@asu.edu.

×