TODAY

Meet a panel of professionals from the field of health care, including ASU alumni, as they answer questions, provide career guidance and share personal advice.

This is an opportunity to network and learn from potential employers who are using their college degrees in both traditional and diverse ways.

Refreshments will be provided.

The free event starts at 3:30 p.m. in room 273 of the University Center on the Downtown campus.

For more information, e-mail dpccareerservices@asu.edu or call 602-496-1213.

The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Alumni Association invites alumni to come mingle with law school Dean Paul Schiff Berman at Olive & Ivy in Scottsdale Fashion Square.

The event begins at 5 p.m. at Olive & Ivy at 7135 E. Camelback Road in Scottsdale.

For more information, e-mail ann.snider@asu.edu or call 480-965-5290.

ASU English professor Alleen Nilsen's children's literature class will hold a "Harry Potter Celebration," with activities mostly planned for participation by class members.

Harry Potter fans and anyone else interested in seeing how such an event works are welcome to stop by for a visit and refreshments.

The event runs from 5 to 6:15 p.m. in Language and Literature 316 on the Tempe campus.

For more information, e-mail tina.norgren@asu.edu.

TOMORROW

Learn about M.S. and Ph.D. programs in the rapidly growing field of biomedical informatics at 1:30 p.m. on the Tempe campus.

Biomedical informatics is an interdisciplinary field that combines elements of computing, biostatistics, cognitive science, biological sciences and health care.

Many Arizona hospitals, medical centers and biomedical research institutes seek our graduates.

The information session begins at 1:30 p.m. in room 210 of the Brickyard Engineering building.

For more information, e-mail kaitlin.yacob@asu.edu or call 602-827-2547.

Join Paul Miller, Ph.D., in an informative presentation analyzing mothers’ conversations with children when coping with interparental conflict.

The event, “Is it what we say, or how we say it?,” is sponsored by ASU’s New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the Family Communication Consortium.

The talk begins at 3 p.m. in CLCC 154 on the West campus.

For more information, contact Vincent Waldron at 602-543-6634.

×