Police Beat

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An unknown person or persons committed burglary in the dorm room of an 18-year-old female student at the Palo Verde Main residence hall on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The person or persons reportedly took the student’s HP laptop and a Sony digital camera, according to a police report.

The total estimated loss was $800, police reported.

There are no suspects or leads at this time, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft by stealing the license plate of a staff member’s car Monday morning on the Tempe campus, according to police reports.

The car was parked in the Apache Boulevard parking structure when the license plate was removed, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, according to a police report.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 37-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested late Tuesday night on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia in a parking lot near East Thomas Road and North 39th Street in Phoenix, according to police reports.

The woman reportedly called an undercover officer with the intention of buying methamphetamines, police reported.

The woman was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to a report.

• A 20-year-old Paradise Valley woman was arrested early Wednesday morning on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs near South McClintock Drive and East Broadway Road, police reported.

After being stopped for reportedly failing to stop while exiting a private driveway, the woman consented to a search, according to a police report.

The officer found an unmarked pill bottle containing a single pill of Atvian, a prescription drug used to treat anxiety disorder, police reported.

• A 25-year-old transient man was arrested late Sunday night on suspicion of probation violation and theft in a parking lot on the 1300 block of West Southern Avenue, according to police reports.

Officers reportedly saw the man passed out, intoxicated in the parking lot, police reported.

Further investigation revealed the man had two warrants out for his arrest, according to a report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Derek Quizon. Reach the reporter at derek.quizon@asu.edu.

×