Tempe Police reported to the following incidents Sunday:

• A 29-year-old man was arrested Tuesday night on the 1000 block of East Broadway Road on suspicion of possession of marijuana, police reported.

Investigation revealed a small marijuana cigarette and rolling papers on the dashboard of the vehicle the man was in, according to a police report.

A search found a usable amount of marijuana in his jacket pocket, police reported.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of possession of marijuana and one count of possession of dangerous drugs, according to a report.

• An 18-year-old Phoenix man was arrested early Tuesday morning at South Kyrene and West Elliot roads on suspicion of possession of marijuana, police reported.

A security officer at the location saw three suspects looking into vehicles with flashlights, according to a police report.

The people were seen leaving the area in a green SUV and the vehicle was later stopped, police reported.

Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found underneath the passenger seat in the vehicle, according to a report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of possession of marijuana and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.

• A 27-year-old transient man was arrested on Nov. 23 on the 1300 block of West University Drive on suspicion of shoplifting, police reported.

Investigation revealed the man had entered a Circle K wearing a short sleeve shirt with one arm out of the sleeve, according to a police report.

The man approached the beer cooler, obstructed the view of the camera and grabbed a 40 ounce bottle of Steel Reserve, police reported.

He then quickly left the store without paying, according to a report.

He later returned to the store and was recognized by the clerk, who then called the police, police reported.

The man was located at a bus stop across from the store and denied being in the store and stealing anything, according to a police report.

He admitted to drinking the Steel Reserve but claimed that he doesn’t like it, police reported.

The man was released from three months in jail, where he was held on shoplifting charges, on Nov. 22, according to a report.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of shoplifting, police reported.

Reports compiled by Nathan Meacham. Reach the reporter at nathan.meacham@asu.edu.

×