Police Beat — March 2

ASU police reported the following incidents Monday:

• An unknown person or persons stole items worth approximately $75 from Sparky’s Stadium Shop on Friday, according to a police report.
  • The theft occurred between 4 p.m. and 4:45 p.m., police reported.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses at this time, according to a report.

Between 3:30 p.m. Thursday and 5:30 a.m. Friday, an unknown person or persons stole multiple hanging planters from the west side of Hayden Library on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The planters are estimated to be worth $36, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed burglary by smashing a vehicle window and sound equipment from a vehicle parked in the Rural Road parking structure on ASU’s Tempe campus, according to a police report.
  • The theft occurred between 6 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday, police reported.

Police estimate the sound equipment at a value of $1,250, according to a report.

There are no suspects, witnesses or leads, but the victim desires prosecution, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:
  • Police arrested a 46-year-old woman on suspicion of theft of means of transportation and burglary on Friday after reportedly finding her in a stolen vehicle at 1635 West Pueblo Drive, according to a police report.
  • The vehicle belonged to an 86-year-old Mesa man, who has agreed to aid in the woman’s prosecution, police reported.

The women allegedly entered the victim’s house during the night, removing the car and house keys, a checkbook and tools, according to a report.

All stolen items were recovered inside the vehicle, police reported.

• A 37-year-old man was arrested and charged with aggravated DUI after making an illegal U-turn at South Priest Drive and West Elliot Road on Saturday at 2:40 a.m., according to a police report.
  • The man reportedly had bloodshot, watery eyes, thick slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol, police reported.

He admitted to consuming alcohol earlier that night and further investigation revealed two previous DUI convictions, according to a report.

• A 29-year-old woman was arrested on Friday at East Don Carlos and South McClintock roads on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sales, according to a police report.
  • Police contacted the woman during a vehicle stop and investigation revealed two bags of marijuana in her purse, police reported.

The woman admitted to ownership of the marijuana and told police the weight totaled two pounds, according to a report.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail for processing and released pending drug charges, according to a report.

?

×