Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 14 at South Priest Drive and the U.S. Route 60 on suspicion of possession of marijuana, police reported.

The man was arrested after he was contacted as the passenger of a vehicle, according to a police report.

Upon first contact at the vehicle, the odor of fresh marijuana was observed emitting from the vehicle, according to a report.

Upon a search of the vehicle, a useable quantity of marijuana was located, police reported.

He was arrested and transported to the Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending the charge, according to a police report.

• A 48-year-old Tempe woman was arrested March 17 on suspicion of operating her vehicle while under the influence of prescription medication, police reported.

She was arrested at West Southern Avenue and South Roosevelt Street, according to a police report.

She was contacted during a vehicle stop where she was the driver and sole occupant of a brown passenger vehicle, according to a report.

During the vehicle stop, she was investigated for driving under the influence after police learned that she had consumed medications and her speech was slurred, according to a police report. She had poor driving habits and problems with lack of balance, police reported.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to a police report.

A license check revealed she is required to have an ignition interlock device, police reported.

Reports compiled by Rheyanne Weaver. Reach the reporter at reweaver@asu.edu

×